Eviction of Diedrich/Barry an executive directive PS Lands declines to give more information

By Sailu Bah
The Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Lands and Regional Government saidDiedrich and Barry
he cannot give any more information on the executive directive that orders the eviction of
Messrs. Bern George Diedrich and Alieu Barry from theirproperty situated at Tranquil-Wullingkama.
Mr. Saihou Sanyang told this reporter in his office yesterday,
Tuesday, 23rd December 2014, that this is an executive directive and
that he has no information to share on the matter.
The Lands PS said the two eviction victims should consult their
records on the meeting they had with them.
“This is a long standing issue and as at now I cannot give any
information,” insisted PS Sanyang.
Foroyaa has earlier reported the eviction of the two from the land
which a high court ruling has maintained is their property. Last week
two officials, who said they were from the Physical Planning
Department, accompanied by armed personnel from the Police
Intervention Unit (PIU), demanded the keys of the said compound from
Diedrich and Barry and then asked them to immediately vacate the
place.